Saturday, June 2, 2012

Practice the Presence of God? -- He is Already For You!

For a long time, I had a hard time accepting the truth revealed in Hebrews:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

Yes, I know that God is with me, that God is for me, but still I always felt that I was on my own when it came to moving and shaking things up in the world.

Yet God the Father is actively involved in our lives, and the scriptures demonstrate this time and again:

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

"God worketh" is present tense affirmative! God is NOW working in every believer both "to will and to do" for His good pleasure. Right away, I do not have to stress about finding out God's will for me, or even wonder if I will have the power and desire to do it!

Jesus Christ resurrected and gloried is also still working on my behalf, even now!

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8: 34)

Christ is ever making intercession for the believer, declaring his eternal righteousness before the Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment