Thursday, June 14, 2012

He is Leading You -- Even When you Stray (More Scripture)


Perhaps you are still unsure of so great a certainty of our standing in Christ. . .

 Check out Psalm 139!:

"If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there."

Even in your worst moments, when it seems hell itself is about to swallow you up, God is there with you.

I was never full satisfied with that, though. I need a God who leads me, not just lets me fail, and watched me fall.

Psalm 139 speaks to this concern!

"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

"Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."

Just when we think that we could even outrun God, behold -- He has been leading us the whole time!

Let's return to Psalm 23 for another example of where our errancy can still leave us led in His perfect will for us:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

His rod beats away the bad elements. His staff keeps us righteously in line with Him!

Beloved, we cannot be lost! We cannot get away from Him. His grip is firmly on you forever!

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." (Isaiah 49:16)

This wonderful, eternal embrace Jesus emphasizes for us in the gospels:

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10:29)

This sentiment must have stirred Jesus' listeners mightily, for they had heard this promise before, from the prophets of old:

"Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?" (Isaiah 43:13)

Believe on Him, receive from Him, let Him take you where He wishes by the peaceful power of the Holy Spirit. You cannot lose! You can never be lost, for you are forever in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment