Wednesday, May 23, 2012

He loves You, Even if You have Rebelled Against Him

At an earlier time in my life, I was very frustrated with what I had and where I was going. I wanted to do things my way, and I felt bad about it. I did not want to accept that whatever I was looking for at that time in my life was simply not worth the taking.

For the first time in my life, I actually defied God, so I thought. I told Him that I was going to do what I wanted to, whether He approved of it or not.

After the failures and fallouts of the decisions that I made in my life, I had begun to believe that God was OK with me, but that I did not have the  same glory, the same status, nor could I count on receiving from Him the fullness of His love.

Because I have now learned who I am in Christ, an unshakable inheritance which has seated me in above the heavenlies, I also know and believe that  I cannot lose this great inheritance, this new life and identity which I have in Christ.

The Parable of the Prodigal Son is a fine example of the welcome reception and reconciliation for every believer, not just unbeliever, who falsely believes that God is still angry with us.

"And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

"And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

"But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

"And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

"For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry." (Luke 15: 20-14)

Instead of berating his son for walking away and wasting his inheritance, which under Mosaic law would have entitled the father to have his son executed by stoning, the Father warmly embraces his son, replaces his worn-out clothing with a new robe, sandals, and the family ring. Not only has the prodigal son been accepted back into the family, but He has been promoted by the Father, receiving the signet ring which authorizes him to transact business in the family's name.

This same inheritance awaits every believer. No matter how much we may have rebelled against God, and no matter how much we may sin in the future, we are on in Christ (John 17: 21), infused with the same righteousness as God's Son (2 Corinthians 5: 21), that we may boldly say:

"So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13: )

and

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)




No comments:

Post a Comment