Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Entering His Rest

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4:11)



My body is really starting to calm down, and so is my mind.

This tranquility has become more commonplace, resplendent.

I never thought I would have this sense of warmth and caring.

I am really walking in His rest!

I understand now what Paul was writing about to the Romans:

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

The flesh is still there in my body, but I do not identify with it.

I can rest because you, Jesus, have been taking care of everything. I do not have to stomp out bad thoughts are bad feelings. Your life is flowing through me!

This is

I have since begun to realize that many of the negative thoughts, feelings, fears, premonitions were all examples of ... the flesh!

There is no reason to answer, to silence, to shut down every fear and worry.

This is part of the rest and the refreshing!

"To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear." (Isaiah 28:12)

Today, I am hearing! I am listening! I am HEEDING!

This rest, this refreshing speaks of His spirit, and we stir up His spirit in us when we pray in tongues:

"For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people." (Isaiah 28:11)

I love to pray in the Spirit, because His Spirit is guiding me like never before.

And I love what I am hearing!

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." (Romans 10:17)

For the longest time, the LONGEST TIME, I felt compelled to squelch, to stop, to shut down every feeling, every thought, every untoward premonition.

I never realized how in bondage I was to my flesh. I was constantly taking responsibility for these strange thoughts and feelings which came from nowhere.

Now I get it all! NOW I GET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment