Friday, March 16, 2018

Jesus Revealed God as Father, Our Righteous Father



"O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me." (John 17:25)

God is our Father.

That was something that Israelites during Moses' ministry, and that the Israelites during Jesus' earthly ministry did not know.

Consider how Moses spoke about God to the Israelites right before they entered the Promised Land:

"And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place." (Deuteronomy 1:31)

Notice that Moses did not say "As a father doth bear his son ..."

That stood out to me.

The Israelites then, under law, under the Mosaic covenant, could not see God as Daddy. He was distance, far away because of sin, and the law was put in place for offenses, until the fullness of time, when God's own Son would be born to us, to redeem us of our sins and grant us His life.

Jesus revealed God as Father, as Daddy!

"And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." (Mark 14:36)

Jesus called God the Father "Abba" or Daddy before He died on the Cross.

After He died, then rose again and appeared to His disciples, He declared to them:

"Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

Jesus said this to Mary Magdalene, who had come to Jesus' tomb expecting to find Jesus dead.

He was alive--He is ALIVE!--and notice how He referenced His disciples:

"My brethren."

Why?

"I ascend to my Father and to your Father."

Jesus fulfilled the adoption of our spirits, that we could call on God as our FATHER!.

Today, I want you to see that not only is God our Daddy God, but He is our righteous Father.

He is faithful and just in forgiving us of all our sins, and granting us His Spirit:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." (Romans 8:15)



and

"To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." (Romans 3:16)

This is something new about God's character that I need to still learn. Our Daddy God is righteous, and our foundation as His sons is based on a righteous, blood-bought foundation!

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment