Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Jesus Desires Me



"I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me." (Songs 7:10)

This is a profound revelation for everyone in the Body of Christ.

It's not enough for us to love God, for really we can't love without Him:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15:5)

"Without me, you can do nothing."

That is no lie. Everything that man does of himself is dead, for in Adam all men died (Romans 5:10-17). We have life, we have ability to do anything if we have Jesus alive in us:

"Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).

Remember, Biblical hope is a certainty, not a possibility.

Jesus desires me! He wants me! He longs for all of us, in fact!

Imagine if every day we would wake up with this clear and convincing revelation in our minds. We are not waking up into a barren world in which we have to generate our life and hope on our own.

We are waking up into a world in which our loving Father and His Son have mapped our everything, determined to provide for us in every way!

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32)

and then

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

I must admit--I don't readily believe this, and yet He precisely calls for us to believe on Him!

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:29)

Jesus desires me. I need to know about it, and I need to pray for a great revelation of this love for me, too.

Paul the Apostle, the fervent witness of God's grace in his ministry, prayed that very prayer for the Ephesians, the most on-fire church he had ministered to:

"14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." (Ephersians 3:14-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment