Sunday, December 31, 2017

His Words Are Life

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.


"Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

"For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." (Proverbs 4:20-22)



Indeed, God's Word is our life, for Jesus is the Word (John 1:1-2), and He is our Life (Colossians 3:4).

I reflect on this year recognizing that I had not been reading and resting in God's Word, God's promises.

There were many great things which God has done and is still committed to doing for us.

Yet how would I have known? I had been out of God's word for so long, I had not diligently hearkened. Then I prayed openly to God, and I told Him: "Daddy, I want to hunger for your word again. I want to get back into the habit of reading your word again."

Then I was banned forever from one of the social media sites I had been using frequently. Just like that, my original, my back-up, and my third accounts were all disabled. There was nothing that I could do about it.

And you know? That was the best thing that had happened to me!

"And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee." (Exodus 15:26)

and also

"And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto me, saith the LORD, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but hallow the sabbath day, to do no work therein;" (Jeremiah 17:24)

God wants us to listen and keeping listening to His Word!

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4)

There is so much to read, to share, to know about God's Word, and there is so much that God our loving Daddy wants us to receive:

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters." (Psalm 23:2)

Green pastures, verdant pastures speaks of God's Word, which continues to grow and offer us sustenance. He wants us to receive and keep receiving from Him:

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

As we enter the New Year, let us continue to read, receive, reflect, and believe on God's Word for all that He is, that He has, and that He is doing in our us, through us, and for us!

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment