Saturday, March 7, 2015

God Is Not Hiding From You

"When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only:" (Job 34:29)

Today, consider this verse in light of the New Covenant, which Jesus our Lord and Savior has cut for us.

God is not hiding from us, never has and never will.

When we consider the first mention of hide, it was Adam and Even who hid, because of shame, because of their nakedness after eating from the forbidden fruit.

"8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." (Genesis 3: 8-10)

God was not hiding, but man was hiding because of his sin.

God solved the sin problem temporarily with the blood and skin of the lamb:

"21Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." (Genesis 3: 21)

God our Daddy would later set up a better covenant, and provide better clothing for our nakedness, both inward as well as outward:

"1And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
 
"2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." (Isaiah 12: 1-2)
 
and also

"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified." (Isaiah 61: 3)

and then
 
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." (Isaiah 61: 10)

Adam and Eve, and all mankind afterward, have hid from God because of sin, because we owed God a sin debt which we could never pay.

Today, we do not have to hide, because the sin debt is overpaid, and instead of death we have His life:

"In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer." (Isaiah 54: 8)

and

"For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God." (Romans 6: 10)

and also

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

When we know that all our sins are forgiven, that in Christ there is no condemnation (Romans 8:1), then we have no fear to come boldly before Him (Hebrews 4: 16), and we can trust that He hears our prayers:

"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:" (1 John 5: 14)

We have no reason to hide from God, and we can know that He is not hiding from us, for in Christ all our sins have been paid for, and we are before Him as Jesus (1 John 4: 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment