Sunday, June 8, 2014

Stop Trying to Believe -- Let Him!

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." (Mark 9: 24)

All that God asks us to do is call out to Him.

We should not allow our faith or our lack of faith to determine whether we can come to him and receive from Him:

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4: 16)

Why can we come boldly? Because we believe enough, or because we have done enough?

It's because of Jesus, not us:

"14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. " (Hebrews 4: 14-15)

It's all about the High Priest who ministers on our behalf:

"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth." (John 9: 31)

Jesus already established what is God's will for us:

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6: 29)

Followed by:

"Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second." (Hebrews 10: 9)

God's will is that we believe that our sins are forgiven, and that He remembers our sins no more, for His grace establishes the second or the new covenant:

"
10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
He wants us to trust in His grace, not in our faith.
 
So, let us not be afraid to come to Him in our time of need, even if our faith is faltering or non-existent, because we do not even live by our faith, by His faith in us:
 
"20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)
 
Stop trying to believe -- Let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment