Monday, May 26, 2014

In Christ, Not Dead But Alive and Fruitful

"3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree." (Isaiah 54: 3)

The eunuch is a picture of a person who is cursed and can bear no offspring:

"18For whatsoever man he be . . .20crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; 21No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21: 18, 20-21)

And also

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD." (Deuteronomy 23: 1)

Someone who has damaged private parts cannot bear children, and under the Old Covenant is cursed in that that man cannot come before God to offer a sacrifice.

Wow, how terrible that is, that a physical deformity, for which we are not responsible -- this separated many people from entering, or from coming before God.

In Christ, however, we have been taken from dead and separated, to alive and bearing fruit.

In Isaiah, the LORD prophesies that the eunuch will not be a dry tree.

Because of Jesus, we all can bear fruit:

"1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 1-5)

Because He died for us on the tree, He gave us His life and standing, and through Him we bear fruit:

"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Galatians 5: 22-23)

Because you are in Christ, and Christ is in you today, you are no longer desolate or cursed, but you have His life and bear fruit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment