Monday, May 12, 2014

Before Anything -- Jesus Is!

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8: 58)

Jesus invoked  "I am" to state that He is God, that as the Messiah, He is not lesser than David, but equal with God:

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Psalm 110: 1)

When David said " My Lord", he is referring to Jesus, who now sits at the right hand of God:

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he [Jesus] hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." (Acts 2: 33)

Jesus Christ is before all things, and through Him all things were made:

"And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." (Colossians 1: 17)

He is  forever for us, the same at all times forever:

"t your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13: 5)

and

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." (Hebrews 13: 8)

In Revelation, the fulness of Jesus is presented:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." (Revelation 22: 13)

Before anything -- Jesus is, and He is for you:

"And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning." (John 15: 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment