Wednesday, March 5, 2014

He Supports Us!

"I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me." (Psalm 3: 5)

Take a look at the word "sustained":

In the original Hebrew, "sustained" means:

samak: to lean, lay, rest, support
Original Word: סָמַך
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: samak
Phonetic Spelling: (saw-mak')
Short Definition: lay

For so long, I had believed that this life was entirely up to me.

Yes, I knew that He had died for all my sins, yet no one had ever explained the fullness of the following verses:

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

"11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
"12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
 
And no one had every explained to me:
 
"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 32)
 
and
 
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

God wants to be everything for us. He is our Vine, and we are branches in Him, and apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15: 5)
 
He gives to us sleep:
 
"It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep." (Psalm 127: 2)
 
We can rest assured that He is giving to us sleep, because:
 
"To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." (Ephesians 1:6)
 
Because of all that Jesus has done for us, and that He is committed to keep doing for us, we can lie down, sleep and wake up, knowing that He is caring and carrying us at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment