Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fear Not -- He Always Hears You

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me,

"But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer:" (Psalm 66: 18-19)

The first verse listed above may cause some fear and regret in your mind.

What if there is iniquity in my heart?

Remember that this psalm was written under the Old Covenant, and because of the Holy Spirit today, we can rest assured that He is guiding us into all truth, which is the Gospel of Grace:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" (John 15: 26)

The Holy Spirit witness of Jesus, the way the truth, and the life (John 14: 6), and every verse of Scripture will testify of Himself and what He has done for us (John 5: 39)

So, what can we see in these verses from Psalms?

We never have to worry about iniquity in our hearts, because God has given us a new heart:

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" (Hebrews 8: 10)

This heart allows His Spirit to flow freely in us:

"12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

In Christ, we have life and that more abundantly, and because we walk in His Spirit, we do not have to be under law, nor worry about fulfilling the lusts of our fallen flesh (Galatians 5: 16-18)

Because we are perfected forever in Christ (Hebrews 10: 14), and His blood cleanses us forever more from every sin (1 John 1: 7), we can know and believe that He hears us always!

No comments:

Post a Comment