Sunday, February 10, 2013

Peace You Already Have

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14: 27)

This peace now dwells in us:

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" (Romans 5: 1)

Literally, "Having been justified" -- it's already done!

You have His peace now, and the Holy Spirit in you keeps bearing forth this peace in your life:

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, " (Galatians 5: 22)

The same Holy Spirit brings forth in us love, joy, peace, all wrapped up together!

Our peace can be disturbed only to the extent that we have to "do something" to maintain this peace in our lives:

"My peace I give you."

This is an active giving, by the way. Jesus keeps giving us His peace! Receive His peace by faith, and let His peace rule in your heart (Colossians 3: 15).

No comments:

Post a Comment