Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In Christ You are a King, so Sit Down

"Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." (Hebrews 1: 3)

Jesus is glorified, seated at the right hand of the Father.

In Christ, so are you, and that is how you are to live in this world, filled with the love of God (Ephesians 5: 8):

"For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;" (Colossians 1: 9)

God the Father wants us to rest in our kingly-priesthood status (1 Peter 2: 9).

Jesus our high priest died for ours sins once and for all (Hebrews 10: 10). We can sit down, too!

And who is taking care of us and our enemies? God the Father, who loves us as much as He loves His Son (John 17: 23). Because Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, David could declare:

"For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

"Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:" (Acts 2: 25-26)

"Rest in hope" is better translated "settle down thoroughly" as in a tent. We can rest, because our High Priest has taken care of everything.

But because we are seated in Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2: 6), we can also expect the following for us:

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

"Until I make thy foes thy footstool." (Acts 2: 34-35)

God is making His enemies your footstool, so rest in who you are in Christ.

In Christ, you are a king -- so sit down!

No comments:

Post a Comment