Friday, December 21, 2012

God Has Changed Our Heart -- Change Your Mind

"Change my heart, O God

"Make it ever true

Change  my heart, O God

May I be like You"

This song is singing for something that in Christ we already have. . .

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36: 26)

This is confirmed for us by the Holy Spirit living in us:

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit" (1 Peter 3:18)

God has indeed made us like His Son:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

Instead of asking for a  heart change, let us pray that God will renew our minds to the truth of who we are in Him:

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."
(Romans 12: 2)

and

"And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;" (Ephesians 4: 23)

God has changed your heart -- ask Him to change your mind, that you may know the Truth that makes you free (John 8: 31-32).

No comments:

Post a Comment