Friday, July 30, 2021

He Is Always Keeping Me in Perfect Peace

 


 

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." (Isaiah 26:3)

For a long time, I had misconstrued this verse. I kept seeing nothing but demand in this verse, as though I had to do something, like "keep my mind stayed on Him," so that I could have perfect peace.

But the enforcement clause of that promise above is simpler than that: "Because he trusts in You."

So, today, I realize that I have perfect peace in Christ. I do not have to do something more, something extra to have His perfect peace.

The moment that any of us think that we have to add something or perform something extra, we are back under law, and we negate the Finished Work of the Cross.

Paul did not come to preach self-help or self-effort, but

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2)

Jesus is alive, and He is our Savior.

We live, and move, and have our being in Him (Acts 17:28)

We have a perfect redemption, because Jesus our High Priest forever, lives after the power of an endless life (Hebrews 7:16)

I already have perfect peace in Christ!

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" (Ephesians 2:14)

and

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)

All this time, I kept thinking that I had to "do something more." What a mistake.

And then there were all the fearful premonitions and upsets in my mind. I was overwhelmed by this lie that I had to think and feel a certain way. I had to manipulate my mind to ensure that I was not thinking or feeling the wrong things. Oh, the torture!

Thank you, Jesus, that you have set me free!

I see You now more than ever before. I SEE YOU FULLY!

I do not have to "do something" or think something to see You or enact You.

THANK YOU, JESUS!

You are always keeping me in perfect peace. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment