Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Receiving His Righteousness, and the Rest is Added to Us

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

It's all about His righteousness.

Yet let's emphasize: this is God's righteousness that we are talking about.

Not our own.

It's amazing how great His forgiveness has been for us.

It's great to recognize that Jesus has accomplished so much for us.

We need to recognize and rest in what His blood accomplishes, the sins that are cleansed, and that His blood keeps on cleansing us from all our sins (1 John 1:7,9)

Today, I recognize the good that Jesus is ready to accomplish in my life. It's not about figuring out what He is going to do. It's all about recognizing that He is at work behind the scenes, that He is committed to accomplish a great deal of good in my life.

We need to look to Him, to look at Him, to receive His righteousness and to rest in His grace at length.



For the last week, in spite of the greatest challenges facing me, I realize today that it's all about His gift of righteousness.

What Jesus has accomplished at the Cross, where God the Father has placed me in relation to His Son, all of this takes the full pre-eminence. I don't have to figure what is going to happen tomorrow. My "job" is to believe on Him (John 6:29), to revel and rejoice in His gift of righteousness at all levels.

This is a new life, to say the least.

I don't look at what the world has taken away from me, or what circumstances and actors within those circumstances may have done to me.

I just look at Jesus, the Author and Finisher of Faith (Hebrews 12:2), and in Him every need is met, every wrong is righted, and every failure is corrected.

Most of all, every loss is restored!

No comments:

Post a Comment