Saturday, January 13, 2018

Not Stressing Or Struggling, But Resting and Receiving

This lesson has been one of the hardest yet for me to rest and receive.

Our lives do not get better, and God's opportunities in our lives do not get better if we strive and struggle within ourselves or outside of ourselves.

We do not wake up every day trying to force God's will to flourish in our lives.

He is already working within us:

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12)




The more that I strive and strain from within, the more difficult it becomes for God to be allowed to flow in and work in me.

Jesus is our life (Colossians 3:4), and we should allow Jesus to be our life, to flow through us!

We need to rest and receive His life in us, so that His life my produce fruit in our lives:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Galatians 5:22-23)

Let's allow God to work in our lives.

This is not the easiest thing for me. When I see trouble, damage, hardships in my way, I want to rush and do something, or at least force something to happen.

Faith is about recognizing, however, that God is very much on the job, making things happen, making sure that all things work together for our good (Romans 8:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment