Monday, September 25, 2017

His Life Guides Our Life

We are not set free through our own efforts.

If we were able to set ourselves free, then we would never be in bondage to begin with!

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)

We are set free by Someone Else.

If He has set us free, then why not allow Him to guide is in turn through every other part of our lives?

"And let the peace of God (lit. Christ) rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

Before Paul writes about Christ Jesus' peace guiding us, He reminds us who our life is:

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:4)

So, if He is our life, does it make sense for us to try and figure things out in our lives, as though God is holding back from us, or that He does not want us to be guided by His peace?

Of course not!

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)





And

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." (John 16:13)

For the last two months, I have not held a steady job. At one point two months ago, I panicked so greatly, as though I had to strive, struggle, and figure out what I wanted to do next in my life. The whole future seemed like a black whole, or a nebulous question mark.

Where am I going? What am I supposed to do?

Even as I write the above question out, another Scripture comes to mind:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6)

He is the way!

There is no reason for me to fret about what directions I need to take or next steps I need to make:

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" (Isaiah 46:10)

and

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way." (Psalm 37:23)

There is no reason for me to fear or worry about my future. He has already prepared the way for me, just as He ensured that Jacob and his family would be saved--and through him all the world would be saved through Jesus Christ!

"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:" (Genesis 12:2)

and

"13And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; 14And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. 15And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. 16And Jacob awaked out of his sleep ..." (Genesis 28: 13-16)

I trust Him to take care of me, because He said that He would.


It is not my job to figure out the way that I need to go. It's my responsibility to see more of Him--the Way, the Truth, and the Life--and allow Him to lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment