Monday, July 11, 2016

We Can Rest, Because He Watches Over Us

"He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.


"Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." (Psalm 121: 3-4)

Since the Fall of man, man is determined to look over his shoulders, fearful of anything terrible or negative happening to him.

Many people in the world believe "If I do not watch over everything in my life, then everything will fall apart."

That was never God's intention for man.

He wanted to care for him and allow him to rest in His goodness:

"And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth." (Genesis 1: 22)

and also

"At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.

"Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." (Jeremiah 31: 1-3)

And also:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11: 28)

Jesus is our rest, He is watching over.

He is our Savior in every way, in every dimension

We have no need to keep looking over our shoulders. for He carries us on both of His!

"[W]when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing." (Luke 15: 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment