Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Death of a Saint is Rare in God's Eyes

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints." (Psalm 116: 15)

Until Jesus comes again, there will be still martyrs for the Lord Jesus.

Let us not think, however, that God's grace cannot protect us.

Paul the apostle was delivered from death, from betrayal, shipwrecked, beaten, left for dead.

In spite of all the turmoil and destruction, he left this earth on his terms:


"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" (2 Timothy 4:7)

Under the Old Covenant, before the final sacrifice of our Lord Jesus, men could still die for their sins.

Guess what?

That word "precious" does not mean "dear" or "Cherished."

It means "rare."

Indeed, because of Jesus, because He is our righteousness (1 Corinthians 1: 30), we can rest in His security!

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91: 1)

and

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

His righteousness protects. God is not just there to feel sorry for us or with us when we are hurt, or when our loved ones perish.

He is there to care for us, and to protect us from all manner of evil:

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10: 19)

If under the Old Covenant, Jesus could ensure protections. how much better His love and protection for us under the New?!

Indeed, we should not fear for the death of God's saints. He protects us, and the death of a saint is in fact rare in His eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment