Sunday, March 27, 2016

Not Our Own Ways, But His Way

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." (Job 13: 15)

Job was arrogant as well as fatalistic.

He was not concerned with the goodness of God, as much as he was focused on his own goodness, his own ways.

In the Proverbs, we learn what God thinks of man's ways:

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 16: 25)

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way." (Proverbs 37: 23)

Instead of our way, let us rest in His Way!

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.


"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." (Psalm 23: 2-3)

We need a New and Living Way!

We Find this in Jesus!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

Through Jesus our High Priest Forever, we come to the Father!

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21And having an high priest over the house of God; 22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water." (Hebrews 10: 19-23)

Jesus is the Way. We do not need to keep our own, nor should we even try!

No comments:

Post a Comment