Friday, December 4, 2015

Grace Teaches us to Live Godly Lives

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2: 11-14)

Grace is a teacher, and not one which uses threats and force, since they do not break us free of the flesh:

"Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21(Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh." (Colossians 2: 21-23)

We are not subject to rules on the outside, but His rule from within:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

and

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20-21)

and

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh." (Galatians 5: 16)

and also

"12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."  (Philippians 2: 12-13)

The grace of God is a teacher, one which leads us to live godly!


2 comments:

  1. Grace of God is a teacher, one that leads us to live godly! Loved it, praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace of God is a teacher, one that leads us to live godly! Loved it, praise God!

    ReplyDelete