Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Forget the Rules of the Law; Let Grace Rule


I am justified in Christ.I often believed that how I felt determined whether God was moving in my life or not.

Very carnal.

God did not call us to walk in the flesh, but in the Spirit.

I did not understand what much of this meant, until I realized that "the flesh" speaks of our self-effort.

I never realized that God is committed to working in me and for me in all things.

Such is the essence of the New Covenant which He has cut for all of us:

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
"11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
"12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
For a long time, I thought that God was with me and working in me depending on how I felt.
 
All of it was due to a misunderstanding of the Old and New Covenants:
 
"13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away." (Hebrews 8: 13)
 
The Old is out and the New takes its place.
 
Yet for so long, I had these stupid rules in place, like I had to see some demonstrable evidence that I was safe. That lie started with Satan, yet I pressed on myself the necessity of answering that concern.
 
He is a God to me not because of how I feel or what I think, but because of who Jesus is today!
 
The rules have to go, the Ten Commandments, which did their job convicting us of sin. Now we must receive and keep receiving the abundance of grace:
 
"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)
 
and then
 
"11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2: 11-14)
 
Grace is a teacher, and keeps teaching -- Not the law, but grace.
 
Get rid of the rules, and let grace rule in your life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment