Wednesday, October 2, 2013

He is Working In You -- Let Him!

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" (Philippians 1: 6)

God is at work within us already, that we both will and do what He wants us to do:

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. " (Philippians 2: 13)

Jesus Christ lives in us:

"27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" (Colossians 1: 27)

Paul does not stop there to relate who Jesus is and what He does within us:

"Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

"Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1: 28-29)

Not us, but He is working in us, and as we look on Him, we see Him transforming us from glory to glory in all things (2 Corinthians 3: 18).

His grace works in us to do all things, too:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

Jesus is working in you. He is perfecting you. He is transforming you. Rest in Him, and let Him work in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment