Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wealth is Within, then Without


 John the Beloved the disciple is crystal, pure-gold clear on where wealth begins

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2)

There is nothing wrong with money, but if a man has no life within, then all the wealth in the world without is worthless.

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matthew 16: 26)

We must prosper on the inside so that we can enjoy God's goodness on the outside.

Prospering depends on truth within:

"Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51: 6)

This Truth is available to us through Christ Jesus:

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8: 31-32)

and

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (John 17: 17)

Jesus is the Word of God from the beginning (John 1: 1), and we prosper on the inside to the degree that we are walking in the truth:

"For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 3-4)

Know the Truth of who you are in Christ, of Christ in you, and then the wealth and health that the world seeks will come to you, and these blessings add no curse with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment