Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Prayer of Jabez: In Christ, We Are Blessed Blessed -- And More

"And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.

"And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested. (1 Chronicles 4: 9-10)

Jabez became more honorable than his brethren because of his faith. He is a type and shadow of Christ, who became Sorrow -- Sin -- for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

Now, the elements of Jabez' Prayer have already been answered for us:

"For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." (2 Corinthians 1: 20)

"Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed." In the original Hebrew, this passage reads "Bless Bless" or ""superlatively bless me"

In Christ, we have received this consummate favor:

"Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" (Ephesians 1: 3)

"All spiritual blessings:" No one can top that, and in Christ, you already have it!

Not only do you have these blessings, but by abiding in Him, you are already bearing fruit:

"John 15: 1-15)

and

(Galatians 5: 22-23)

It is important

No comments:

Post a Comment